Distribution & Logistics
After an early career in accountancy and administration he moved to BOC Distribution services spending 10 years servicing Marks and Spencer stores and their suppliers in the transport/storage of textiles and temperature controlled food. As Commercial Planning Manager, he was responsible for the costing, pricing and effective vehicle utilisation of a rapidly expanding UK wide 3PL distribution network.
He later spent some 13 years in the milk industry, with full responsibility for the national tanker distribution for the Scottish Milk Marketing Board before being promoted to Managing Director of First Milk’s joint venture Milk Industry Logistics.
Alex became an associate of Symphony in 2006 and has successfully executed a variety of key projects involving:
- Data mining and information analysis
- Performance Reviews - establishment of Key Performance Indicators
- Best practice operational procedures
- Manpower planning and agency resourcing
- Service Level Agreements
- All aspects of logistics, warehousing and distribution